THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

13 December

Sunday 13 December 2009

My best friend was struck by lightening on this day.
She was dead for 1.5 mins.

She was dead....

How can you possibly deal with that....
A few hours earlier she was busy on facebook, enjoying life and updating her Facebook status...
And then it happened...

I'm not sure about the details....
But somehow it just didn't matter.

It was so sudden, so unexpected...I had planned her Christmas present, was planning on seeing her...in fact I had already started on planning for her 18th in March...And somehow, in a few seconds that was all taken away...

Granted, she came back to life a minute and a half later...Which I will be thanking God for every single day...But still...she was dead..

I cannot believe how fragile life is...and how I just didn't expect it...to a 70 year old grandparent who was sick? Yes....but to my healthy 17 year old best friend...never...na ah...no way....

And yet it did happen....

Needless to say I was - am - in shock....In fact I had to drink a whole bottle of rescue remedy just to help me sleep that night...
And telling other people...well that is probably the hardest thing...how do you tell someone that your best friend is lying in ICU because she got struck by lightening???

It sounds so unbelievable doesn't it?...I mean my sister actually laughed from pure disbelief and shock the first time I told her....


And so I sit here now...a whole two days later...and I am still in shock...yet I want to make my best friend's life even more amazing than before...I want to make sure that I treasure her and tell her how much I love her every single day....because I honestly can't believe how unexpected life is...

Love you k my Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment