THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Piles of presents and Birthday bests

Today the 11th of March is 1 month to my birthday. (So now you all know when my birthday is). And even though I absolutely hate the thought of getting older, I realise that it is one part of life that is absolutely inevitable.

Up to a year ago, I was so excited for my birthday that starting 2 months before I would count down the days. And every person around me would know exactly how many day were left to my birthday. Just so that they wouldn't forget ;) , which most people do because my birthday is usually near Easter so that is what they are thinking about.

This year however, I have kept the number of days very quiet and secret, until now, because I really don't want to be reminded of how old I am. I am hoping that the day will pass by without much event, and if I am lucky I might even be away. The only thing that I like about my birthday, and the only reason as to why I cannot forget about it all together is because of the oppurtunity of receving presents.

Receiving presents is wonderful. I love feeling of excitement that overcomes you as you have to get through the wrapping paper/tissue paper/cellophane. And then finally after breaking a few nails trying to get off the sellotape, there is your present in all its amazing glory. It doesn't matter what it is, you could have spent R5 on it, it wouldn't matter to me. I love each and every present for the simple joy of receiving it and being able to unwrap it.

Although there are a few things I ask people for every year because 1. it would be wierd if I bought it for myself, 2. I can't buy it myself. The only problem with doing this is that nobody usually buys said present for you, because every person thinks another person has already bought it. Last year i asked for a Me-to-you 18th birthday teddy bear. However I think the directions it was given were wrong, because it sadly never arrived. And I couldn't very well buy it myself, and now I'm nearly 19 so won't be able to ever get said teddy bear.

But I'm not fussy, this year i just decide to compose a mental list of everything I like. i.e. paint or art supplies and Twilight.
So ia sked my mom to get me a proper easel for my birthday, but I'm not really sure that she will remember even though I did kindly write it in her diary for her like she asked me to.
That and my own series of all the twilight book should be wonderful, given the fact that I don't have my own first original copy of Twilight due to reasons that only Lebz knows ;) and that fact that my sister won't let me borrow her series a second time.

I bought myself the Twilight soundtrack from the movie, and it's wonderful. Now all I need is the actual book of sheet music to accompany it, so that I can play those wonderful songs on the piano. I will however be buying my own copy of the Dvd the day it is released.

But speaking of piano I am planning on suprising my best friend by playing her favourite song to her on her Birthady, just 8 short days away, which i hope she will enjoy. Getting the music and practising the song is quite hard work.

But hey Birthdays are special days and people's lives and so they really need to be spoilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment