THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 7, 2009

A-U-T-U-M-N

When I was younger, the only thing that I knew about Autumn was that I couldn't spell it. At least not until my Dad taught me a rhyme to do so: AU-TU-MN Autumn.

Now that I'm older I realise that Autumn is the season with the greatest appeal to every one of the five senses.
  • You can feel Autumn in the nippy wind that blows early in the morning. The one that you can't brave without a jersey or jacket on. Preferably woolen, so that you can feel the texture against your skin and the way it protects and comforts you from the outside elements.
  • You can see Autumn in the multitude of colours that the wind picks up and swirls around you in a blur so colourful that it makes any rainbow jealous. While the pale blue-grey sky lays like an artists background making the colours appear even fresher and brighter.
  • You can smell Autumn in the fresh clean cool air that seems to bring with it a wholeness and homeliness. You can almost taste cinnamon, freshly cut wood and spices in the wind.
  • You can hear Autumn in the sounds of silence. And the tread of feet down a pathway, and over crunchy leaves just being raked away into a pile, so that you can jump in it with your scarf wound tightly around your neck.
  • You can taste Autumn in the way it makes you hunger for peace and a sense of new beggining. A time when everything and anyone has a chance to start anew, and let go of the past and what belongs to it.

Now I realise that Autumn is the season that has the greatest significance in our lives, because it is the season that can be related to most easily, and be understood because of its relation to human nature.

Yes, I am trluy glad that Autumn is here now. And so with the words out of 'You've got mail' "I wish a could give you all a bunch of freshly sharpened pencils", and wish you a happy Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment