THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fashion Week


I was brimming with excitement this year for fashion Week. After missing the spring/summer one, I had already made up my mind to go the Autumn/Winter one.

But which show should I choose to go to?

I was just deliberating this all important question, when suddenly a little message popped up in my FaceBook inbox.

It told me all about the Barbie 50th anniversary fashion show, and how there were tons of different designers all showing on the same catwalk.

Needles to say, they had me at "Barbie"

Ever since I was a little a girl, I always used to design and make clothes for my own Barbies...And here I was able to finally see what designers would design if they could dress their very won Barbie doll. Talk about a dream come true.

***

I already knew the whole history of Barbie. So as a tribute to the first ever Barbie doll, I decided to wear a black and white outfit, a long flowing handkerchief style dress.

The exhibit before the show was amazing. All the collaborations of designers in SA showed me that they are more united than overseas designers. Their designs were all so original and all made use of clever ways to save on resources.

The Barbie show itself was more than amazing. I was so excited to be sitting in that area. And even more over the moon that I was sitting in the row behind the designers themselves, JJ Schoeman, Malcolm Kluk, Black coffee etc, and our very own UJ.
From my excellent vantage point, I could also see Dion Chang, Tiaan Nagel and other famous fashion icons.

It was just too amazing to be true.

The show started with a slide show of Barbies through the ages, and then all the models appeared. All sporting such amazing outfits that is literally blew my mind away.

Some designers had even used fake blonde hair to create dresses and such. Nut my highlights were definitely JJ Schoeman, Kluk and UJ. All of who completely took the true spirit of Barbie and embodied it in their designs.

Afterwards goody bags were handed out to the very lucky few, of which I was one...


This was truly an amazing night and I was so fortunate to be able to attend it and get tickets for such a limited event.

And hopefully when Barbies 60th anniversary rolls around, I will be called upon to design clothes for her...


No comments:

Post a Comment