THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lena

On 27 August 2009, the day I had been wating for all year finally arrived. And no it was not about passing my drivers (which I did) but rather about our 'mystical' exchange student from Germany who was coming to stay with us.

So Lena arrived.

She is honestly the bestest friend anyone could ever ask for. She fit right into our family and we have been having crazy times ever since. She has taught me to read in German, which is NOT AT ALL like Afrikaans, and which I truly tried hard at, but can never talk as fast as she does.

We have laughed and giggled and shared secrets and gossiped. And suddenly I feel like all my cares have been lifted away. When I am with her, I dont have to be the responsible adult who goes around working and dropping off children. But instead I can be silly and childlike...Completely carefree...

Lena is slowly become my best friend...one that havent had in a while...she is also my sister...And I am going to cry my eyes out when she leaves...

We have already done so much together...Taken photos of zebras at the zoo...eaten pizza...Shared hair and make up and horrible allergy stories...Watched a ballet...Watched too many movies together...And laughed ourselves sillly when we couldnt understand each other or other people....

Many more amazing times are sure to come....I just wish that she could stay longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment