THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Squirrel

For the last almost two years i had the most amazing best friend. I called him squirrel. A name which originated from the movie "Up" one of our all time favourotes.

I have never written about him before, although i had promised i would on countless occasions, simply because i didnt think words would do him justice.

An amazing friend like i have never known before. He made everything in life so much better just by being in it.

*pause to wipe eyes*

However things became difficult and soon after a long trip away i lost my best friend to another faculty in varsity. Which involved seeing him at only one subject. A subject which he frequently bunked lectures for.

I missed him terribly. Dont even think he knew how much. He had done what was best for him, and i found myself always sitting next to an emmpty seat.

I started to put off my own work just to spend time with him. And in a way i resented him getting such high marks for classes he was never in. Began to wish id changed degrees the year before when he had asked me not to.

I kept trying but it wasn working. But i loved him, and yet resented him at the same time. I felllt i was the only one doing all the work in the friendship. And it was exhausting me when i saw no return.

I was feeling worse than ever and began realising my friend. My Squirrel. Had changed,

Somehow it was too much. It wasnt doing good for either of us. We couldn joke or laugh together. Or even just understand each other.

And so the most beautiful friendship the world had ever seen had to come to an end.

Yes im crying my eyes out. Yes it hurts like hell. But i will never forget even one second. Because i still love my best friend. My squirrel.

Thankyou for being you squirrel, and for all the amazing memories! You will always have a place in my heart.

Love always
Your monkey-funk
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2

No comments:

Post a Comment